This is a picture of part of the classroom where I work.
I work in an elementary school, with the special needs children. Not as a 'degree-d' teacher, but as an aide. I love the work... wish it paid more, but that's life, huh?
I help to 'design' bulletin boards.. file.. die cut various things, and laminate.. fax stuff to wherever it has to go... type letters to parents for the teacher... accompany the kids to mainstream classes, and to therapy sessions.. work with the kids on their goals in our room.. lots of things keep me and the others busy.
On Saturdays and when school is closed, I work at the store just a mile or so up the road from where I live... now, that job I'm not so keen on, but, if what I hear from another woman who is trying to find a part time job is true, I should be very thankful for the second job at all.
In another lifetime, in another country, I was an RN. I'm working on getting my license transferred, so that I'll be able to nurse over here.. it's a long process, with lots of brick walls seemingly popping up all over the place, but I will get there eventually, and then I'll be "home" in a professional way... lots of studying to do, to get the exams done for this state.. and that's inbetween the laundry, and all that other fun stuff.
I think 'fun' tonight will now be going off to make a pot of tea! :o)


2 comments:
Aww...Thats is such an honorable thing to do. I hope you treat the kids with respect. I have read lots of stories where they are mistreated. Im sure you dont :)
What country do you live in now?
P.S. Glad to be your first comment! :) Happy Blogging!
:o)
I don't know about honorable, exactly. I just think it's kinda fun to work with the kids... And no, we don't mistreat the kids at all.. **smiling at you
I'm in the USA... been over here for 17 years now..
Hope you come to visit again..
Post a Comment