Not this past Sunday, because the weather was so bad, but the Sunday before, I took my kids, and one of my neighbour's kids to see the Putz in one of the local towns around here. Everything in it was made by hand... the place where they have the putz used to be an orphanage, and it was the superintendent's wife who made everything.. I think she was the matron. So, I took a whole bunch of pictures while we were there... the tree was up in one corner of the display..
This church was on the opposite side... inside there were lots of dolls, all dressed beautifully, as though a wedding was being held...
The rounded building is a replica of Radio City Music Hall.. at least, that's what they say. I couldn't tell you for sure, as I haven't seen RCMH!
What the pictures don't show, is that all the merry go rounds and fountains etc actually work. It's lovely.. really.
And the nativity scene part of the putz was splendid...look, the woman even hung the angels who appeared to the shepherds from 'clouds' in the sky... just amazing...
And she didn't just do the stable scene.. she made the entire town of Bethlehem.
Such an artistic woman.. makes me want to go out and do something like this. One day maybe I'll "play" with doll houses, and see what I can create...
The putz is displayed in what was once the chapel of the orphanage.. and I just love stained glass windows, so that is why I took this picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment