I suppose just about every child has made salt dough ornaments at some point.. but it seemed like a brilliant idea for me to revisit those times.. so here is the dough, all ready to roll out.. (4 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, and hot water, just enough to make a good dough)...
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Some Christmas Craftiness
As the gifts have been given now.. and also I did sell a few of these little ornaments I made... well, anyway, I feel okay about putting some pictures up of what I've been up to in the week before Christmas!
I suppose just about every child has made salt dough ornaments at some point.. but it seemed like a brilliant idea for me to revisit those times.. so here is the dough, all ready to roll out.. (4 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, and hot water, just enough to make a good dough)...
I used cookie cutters.. actually I gave up on the little gingerbread man shapes.. wasn't very fond of them, and then they kept curling up and breaking too easily... but I made loads of stockings, stars and trees...
Popped them into the oven on a really low temperature until they were totally dried out... and then came the really fun part..
Painting and varnishing... except this is a lousy picture.. /sigh...
I think I may do more next Christmas... maybe sell a few more, who knows? The stockings I did put names on.. I did three with my own children's names on them... three to sell, with the buyers' childrens names.. and a couple with 2007 on them.. in gold paint.. very pretty really... and fun to do.
I suppose just about every child has made salt dough ornaments at some point.. but it seemed like a brilliant idea for me to revisit those times.. so here is the dough, all ready to roll out.. (4 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, and hot water, just enough to make a good dough)...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment